Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help!!! Weil-McLain P-WGO-3 keep shutting off

jsda77
jsda77 Member Posts: 19
Hi guys,

I need helps.

Boiler : Weil-McLain P-WGO-3
Aquastat : Honeywell L8124A, C
Ignition : Honeywell R8184 G 4009

Since yesterday, my boiler keep shutting off, even it didn't reach to set temperature of Aquastat (190F).
However, when I turn off a breaker and on it again then boiler is running but sometimes stop running before set temp.

Is there anything that I can do before calling technician?

Thank you.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    There are several safety controls which could be shutting off the boiler, and to remedy the difficulty it is necessary to figure out which one -- and why. Sorry to say that if you are not really familiar with the equipment, it's probably better to limp along until you can get a tech. to look at it who is.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    A simple easy, is to confirm new batteries in your thermostat. (if digital).
    D
  • jsda77
    Thank you, Jamie.

I'm not a HVAC pro but I'm lighting technician so I can understand general information and guide lines.

Where should I start to check?
    • cleanness of relay switch?
    • flame sensor?
    • anything else and how?

Thank you
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    It seems like the contact to B1 on the L8124 or bad contact in the R8184G. On the R8184G a tap with the butt end of a screwdriver might fire it up, but if power is going in from B1 the primary will usually lock out.
    Better would be to raise the limit all the way. Bring the low up to start the burner. If at some point the burner doesn't fire, see if there's 120v to B1,B2.
    Both those controls are behind the times.
    jsda77
  • jsda77
    Hi HVACNUT,

Thank you for your comment.

This is my 8124 wiring.

When it off I checked L1, L2 then it was 0V, so I off and on linked breaker then boiler is running and voltage is above 110.

How can I check B1, B2 voltage?
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Jumper the thermostat terminals, see if it operates normally.
    D
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    That's not an L8124A. It's an L8148A.
    High limit only.
    Like @DZoro wrote, if you jump TT the burner should start if the boiler temp is below the limit setting and the circulator(s) should run.
    If the burner does not run, simply check to see if theres 120v at the B1,B2 terminals at the aquastat.
    If you do, then go to the primary.