Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell V155 Series 10 upgrade/replacement

Options
jwshade
jwshade Member Posts: 4
I'm working on an old coal to NG conversion gravity furnace with the v155 motorized control valve. I read in another thread that the valve can be replaced with a Honeywell VR8300. Is this an acceptable retrofit? What all does this modification entail? What other parts are needed? Is there an adapter to go from the new combo valve to the existing 2-ear flange going into the burner port? I have in hand a new VR8300A, new pilot tubing kit and new 36" 30mv thermocouple.

Comments

• jwshade
    Options
  • jwshade
    Options
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    You have your work cut out for you. With that old Janitrol system you will have to get rid of the gas valve, regulator, existing piping, pull the burner remove existing pilot and install new pilot and thermocouple on the burner ( you may be able to use some of the brackets from the old pilot). Then install gas valve VR 8300 has a built in regulator so you will not need the one on the unit now.
    Once you have completed the installation you will have to do a pilot safety turndown test to insure safe light off.

You definitely have some work ahead of you and I am assuming you are a professional.