Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

moving baseboard heating

Options
newbie75
newbie75 Member Posts: 2
I'm in the process of renovating my house.... I added a section that allows me to go straight into the basement. I need to make a cutout for a door opening ... the problem I have is that the pipe for the basebard heat comes from the upstairs down to the floor.... its on a loop that consists of two baseboards on the same floor.... all I need to do is move the pipe over 24"-30"... can I just cut the pipe at the top and add a 90 degree bend, then extend it over and add another 90 degree bend downward to the floor and then out the baseboard? - I cut the ceiling out in hopes to see the connection , but the pipe goes through two sets of beams and then the floor.... i would have to cut the walls upstairs to get to it from there...

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    Assuming this is hot water and not steam. If HW you can run the pipe up, down, over or under, water doesn't care. just a few things to watch for.

Locate pipe so it cannot freeze (stay out of outside walls

if you go up and back down you may create an air pocket leave a bleed valve or air vent if possible

If you go down and back up you should have a drain at the low point
  • newbie75
    newbie75 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    i would basically come down into a 90 and over to the right 20" then 90 down to the floor where the baseboard is. i have a hot water system.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    Sounds ok
    newbie75