Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

moving baseboard heating

newbie75newbie75 Posts: 2Member
I'm in the process of renovating my house.... I added a section that allows me to go straight into the basement. I need to make a cutout for a door opening ... the problem I have is that the pipe for the basebard heat comes from the upstairs down to the floor.... its on a loop that consists of two baseboards on the same floor.... all I need to do is move the pipe over 24"-30"... can I just cut the pipe at the top and add a 90 degree bend, then extend it over and add another 90 degree bend downward to the floor and then out the baseboard? - I cut the ceiling out in hopes to see the connection , but the pipe goes through two sets of beams and then the floor.... i would have to cut the walls upstairs to get to it from there...

Comments

• EBEBRATT-EdEBEBRATT-Ed Posts: 5,306Member
    Assuming this is hot water and not steam. If HW you can run the pipe up, down, over or under, water doesn't care. just a few things to watch for.

Locate pipe so it cannot freeze (stay out of outside walls

if you go up and back down you may create an air pocket leave a bleed valve or air vent if possible

If you go down and back up you should have a drain at the low point
  • newbie75newbie75 Posts: 2Member
    i would basically come down into a 90 and over to the right 20" then 90 down to the floor where the baseboard is. i have a hot water system.
  • EBEBRATT-EdEBEBRATT-Ed Posts: 5,306Member
    Sounds ok