Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone using Inkbird bluetooth temp sensor pucks? I can't export my data

Jells
Jells Member Posts: 566
I bought a couple of these cool bluetooth data logging sensors, the Mini IBS-TH1. They work fine but the Android software won't export the datafile for me. I hit "export" and a list of every communications program on the phone opens. If I choose email, I get an email with no datafile. Any pointers from experienced users? I thought these things looked brilliant!

Comments

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    edited January 2019
    Are you just looking at a screen shot of the data, on your phone? Do you have/need to import the data to your phone/PC first? Does your phone have an Import option?
  • Jells
    Fred, it sounds like you do not have experience with this device, true? None of that is relevant to what is failing to happen. The phone app is displaying the data it collected from the unit, but not exporting it as a CSV file like it should.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Jells said:

Fred, it sounds like you do not have experience with this device, true? None of that is relevant to what is failing to happen. The phone app is displaying the data it collected from the unit, but not exporting it as a CSV file like it should.

You are correct. I don't have any experience with that device but typically data has to be imported from other devices into a smart phone or PC file to be usable. Just trying to help. Sorry if that irritates you.
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,695
    Do the other export options work? Perhaps you can export to one of them (such as a pdf viewer, or a spreadsheet app) and then from there, to email.
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
  • Jells
    Thanks but I seem to have resolved it by reinstalling the software, possibly with different settings than originally. But previously none of the options exported data. It was a little crazy that the company couldn't make a single suggestion!