Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube insulation degradation [PHOTO]

willis18
willis18 Member Posts: 1
Hi All:

My boiler tech and I are trying to solve a mystery, regarding a Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 60. Installation date was December 2010.

Recently it has shown degradation of the foam insulation that lines the interior of the cabinet. The degradation is localized around the igniter, in the upper left of cabinet.

Since it is close to the igniter, it has caused some real concern. Has anyone encountered this before, or have any thoughts on why/how the insulation is coming off this way?

Attached is a photo of the area in question,

Will K
Owner / operator, Little Hill LLC

Comments

• DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Inspect closely all the gaskets igniter, sight glass, main burn chamber lid. Also check lid bolts to be secure and tight. All should be pulled down flush and tight.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,803
    Coffee grounds = cross contamination.
    Exhaust is being pulled back through somewhere.
    kcopp
  • RPK
    RPK Member Posts: 98
    I had one where all the foam and internal plastic components degraded due to pulling contaminated air from a pool mechanical room, but your issue sounds like a gasket/combustion gas leaking issue.
  • ednelson
    ednelson Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2018
    hi my name is Ed Nelson I work in the tech support dept. at Triangle Tube I believe you may have a gasket leaking either the igniter or the sight glass
    if you need assistance please give us a call in the office M-T 8am till 5 pm and Friday 8am till 4:30 pm eastern time
    856 228 8881 thank you
    DZoroErin Holohan HaskellZman
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    DZoro said:

Inspect closely all the gaskets igniter, sight glass, main burn chamber lid. Also check lid bolts to be secure and tight. All should be pulled down flush and tight.

Take a close look at the studs that clamp down the main burner lid. There is a defect in some of those TT boilers where the studs snap off and allow hot flue gas to escape the combustion chamber.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    DZoro