Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Reillo burner question

fowlhooked
fowlhooked Member Posts: 4
Just had a new Reillo R40 F3 burner installed to replace a beckett AFII85 . I Have a Buderus G115/21boiler . The new burner has G115/WS3 stamped on it . The installer set this up with a 0.55x60a nozzle , the stack temp reads 356.5deg and the CO2 is 11.13% . the chart I have shows an .050x70a nozzle with a 289deg stack temp . The chart also lists the same burner part number for the G115/21 and the G115WS/3 . He has to come back and check the pump pressure ( gage wasn't working) which he said is supposed to be 180 but the chart shows 160 . Is this going to cause me problems the way this is set up or will this work ?

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    It’s possible you’re overthinking the whole thing, if the installer is a reputable contractor, you are in good shape. The burner will easily work properly with the .55
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    rick in Alaska
  • fowlhooked
    Hello all , I guess my question should have been as follows . I have a Buderus G115/21 boiler and the new Reillo R40F3 burner is factory preset for a G115WS/3 . Will this work in my boiler as is with the factory settings ? T :| he setting for the G115/21 show it to be different in the book.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    My Riello book specs differently than my Buderus book. And theres an up fire spec as well.
    And both were bench tested in near perfect conditions.
    As long as everything falls in line; smoke, draft, and combustion test results. Whatever nozzle gives the best combustion is the one to use.
    BYW, I'm not using anything remotely close to what they spec for my boiler. But she's clean as a whistle every year.
  • fowlhooked
    Right , the spec on the G115 WS/3 is for the up fired boiler . As long as the R40 F3 burner I have which is factory preset to the WS/3 specs will work with the G115/21 boiler I have then all is good . I was just wondering if I should have it set up for the G115/21 specs or leave it as it came set up for the WS/3 boiler .
  • GW
    It’s the same boiler. 21 is Kilowatts. 3 is Sections. Why they change the nomenclature I don’t know. The newer G115s have more baffles than the older ones. But firing rate should be about the same. Specs have shifted over the last 20 years- higher pressure and smaller nozzle sizes
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • fowlhooked
    So this should be no problem , thanks for your help in clearing this up
  • dav
    dav Member Posts: 29
    Wow,
    This correct answer is yes it will work.
    21 is not kilowatts it is inches.
    The upfired specs that I use with the riello burner has saved me on oil.
    I have measured it.
    Please do not answer questions with bogus made up answers
    Dave
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    Other than objecting to @dav 's tone above -- I would add this: the factory setup is intended to get the burner/boiler combination into the general correct range. It is not a substitute for a competent professional such as might be @GW , setting the burner and boiler combination up in situ. Each installation is slightly different, and each installation must be set up using the correct testing instruments correctly.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • GW
    21 inches, ok 😄
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    STEVEusaPA
  • BDR529
    BDR529 Member Posts: 281
    Concentration of bio-fuels plays alot on the up fired settings. Most of them get cranky at 180PSI.

Let the tech know where you get your fuel from. However, I'm sure he will know with a fuel sample.

Not really dialing for Effcy. But more for a clean burn for larg swing of Bio blends. In some ares expect 20%-80%!! Bio
  • HVACNUT
    > @dav said:
    > Wow,
    > This correct answer is yes it will work.
    > 21 is not kilowatts it is inches.
    > The upfired specs that I use with the riello burner has saved me on oil.
    > I have measured it.
    > Please do not answer questions with bogus made up answers
    > Dave

Inches of what? I like you, you're silly. 😜
  • dav
    Measure the block.
  • dav
    21 is 21inches long
    28 is 28 inches long and
    34 guess what 34 inches long
  • dav
    Just so happens when you do the math it works out nearly to that in kilowatts. But not exactly
  • dav
    So a 75000 btu divided by 3412 = 21.9 kwatts
    So if you go upfired at 85000 btu divided by 3412 = 24 kwatt does that mean you are running a g115/24 ? Maybe. I guess.
    3412 btu is equal to 1 kwatt, but I suspect you know that.
  • HVACNUT
    edited December 2019
    Buderus is a German manufactured boiler.
    I believe they use the Metric System. I think we're the only ones left who habitually don't use it. So no inches there.
    But Kilo I believe, is Metric.
    Pretty cool coincidence though.
    Or, we could check the I & O manual.
  • dav
    I would guess that someone pretty smart sat down and figured the math that they could get 1kw per inch. Or 25 mm. I do believe that I read somewhere along the lines that their boilers were measured in inches to determine the size....not positive