Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

LG ducted ceiling concealed mini split

Can anyone confirm if the unit can be mounted vertically to the wall or does it strictly need to be hung horizontally. Due to space i would like to mount to the free wall in the mechanical room, thoughts?

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    What's the model number of the head? I have no experience with LG, but the ducted concealed heads I have installed (Mitsubishi) are horizontal-only. They (Mitsubishi, & some others IIRC) offer a unit that can mount on the floor (vertical) or ceiling (horizontal), but it's not ducted. They also offer an air handler that can be mounted horiz or vert, you should check & see if LG has a similar offering.
  • Buggyeye401
    Buggyeye401 Member Posts: 6
    > @ratio said:
    > What's the model number of the head? I have no experience with LG, but the ducted concealed heads I have installed (Mitsubishi) are horizontal-only. They (Mitsubishi, & some others IIRC) offer a unit that can mount on the floor (vertical) or ceiling (horizontal), but it's not ducted. They also offer an air handler that can be mounted horiz or vert, you should check & see if LG has a similar offering.

I have the LG LMDN186NV. The installation only mention hanging it from ceiling.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    If they don't mention it, it's probably a non-starter. Tech support would be the definitive word if it's not explicitly forbidden in the manual. They may be able to suggest an alternative.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    If they don't show how to mount it in the wall they don't want it mounted in the wall.

There will be a mechanism to catch condensate, if you mount it vertically that mechanism won't work properly. If you had to modify for vertical mount to catch condensate, it would be in the manual. Most manuals on these units are pretty explicit about mounting level so the condensate system will work properly.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15