Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Recommendations for Oil fired Heat Service Co. in Nassau County, NY

Options
John1972
John1972 Member Posts: 2
Hello,
I am in need of a service company specializing in oil heat in the Nassau County, Long Island, NY area. Specifically I need a Taco 007-F5-7IFC circulator replaced as it is getting stuck from time to time as well as annual service. I will also be looking to replace a John Wood oil fired hot water tank that is nearing the end of it's useful life. Although I am pretty handy and feel I could change out/replace the circulator, do the annual maintenance and replace the water tank myself, I am concerned about not knowing enough about or have the tools to set the combustion/venting/exhaust to want to leave it to a professional. I have seen a couple of recommendations on this site but they appear to deal in steam/gas. Any suggestions on a good reputable company?

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,847
    Options
    Generally you let the Oil Company supply those services!
    STEVEusaPA
  • John1972
    John1972 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes, but I usually just buy COD and have been changing the oil filters myself for the last few years. Up until now the heating system has been working fine.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    edited October 2018
    Options
    > @John1972 said:
    > Yes, but I usually just buy COD and have been changing the oil filters myself for the last few years. Up until now the heating system has been working fine.

That's all fine and good but who checks the safeties, limits, controls, and most importantly, who does the annual combustion test?

Also who you gonna call at 3 am in February when something goes wrong? Not Ghost Busters.

You've got the Big Blue/Purple behemoth. The green and white guys with the cute house painted on the trucks, who is owned by the same company that owns the behemoth. Those guys you see in the malls and going door to door. Name rhymes with Romans.
    The Major, Captain, Colonel, or 3 star... Actually I think Star Gas ate them up too.
    As well as numerous full service oil companies in Nassau.
    I can however ask you to NOT sign with the company that rhymes with Burger King.

You can make some inquiries and see if there are any companies who will provide a service agreement where you can still purchase COD fuel from whomever and the service agreement will give you discounted and priority service with no overtime or holiday rates.
    The company I work for offers such an agreement, as well as full service. But no way am I going to Nassau, or west of the Billy Floyd pkwy for that matter. I'm happy working on the forks thank you very much.
    Robert O'Brien
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,847
    Options
    HVACNUT said:

> @John1972 said:

>
    But no way am I going to Nassau, or west of the Billy Floyd pkwy for that matter. I'm happy working on the forks thank you very much.

LOL
    I don't go west of Riverhead!