Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What Radiators Do I have?

Options
Just bought an old condo unit 2 months ago and now that it's getting colder, I'm wrestling with a steam system that isn't quite up to snuff. I just finished reading The Lost Art, and am trying to fix things before the cold truly sets in. I've turn down the pressuretrol to 0.5 psig (was previously at 12 psig), and am waiting on replacement air valves for the mains to arrive.

Once I've got the mains venting well, I want to replace the radiator air vents (3/4 of which are clogged beyond repair). I'm looking to get a better understanding of my radiators, their "type" (cast-iron column, cast-iron tube, etc.) their capacities (EDR) so that I can size vents relatively closely the first time.

There are 6 radiators (note clicking on pictures will open a new tab with a larger image):
Room Rad Dimensions Front Pic Side Pic
Dining 29"W x 28"H x 4.5"D dining room radiator front view dining room radiator side view
Living 38"W x 20"H x 8"D living room radiator front view living room radiator side view
Bed 39"W x 20"H x 8"D bed room radiator front view bed room radiator side view
Bath 9"W x 28"H x 5"D bath room radiator front view bath room radiator side view
Office 26"W x 20"H x 6"D office radiator front view office radiator side view
Kitchen 23"W x 22"H x 7"D kitchen radiator front view kitchen radiator side view
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Comments