Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Appliance/hand Truck

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,691
Appliance/Hand Trucks-- who makes a hand truck with removable pneumatic wheels? I'm talking regular, not a stair climber Thanks
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    How removable? Take the cotter pin out and take the wheels off? Or something different?
    BTW, why do you need to remove the wheels? Just asking as it's probably a really good reason.
    steve
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    I dont know who makes it but there is one that accepts the big removable wheels, a second set, up higher on the truck for going over soft ground or getting that extra oomph over a raised door sill.

I know that's not an answer but I'll ask some buds.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    We have one at our shop. Don't know the name. Going to the shop tomorrow morning if it's their I will get some information, could be out on a job. Wheels that can be adjusted to get the right balance point. I believe it's rated 500lbs. We have had 700 lb sections on it with no problem
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    Gary

Google "Wesco Superwheel" there about $110 and worth every penny. Northen Tool has them and I am sure others sell them
    kcopp
  • AMservices
    AMservices Member Posts: 610

YEATS
    Worth every cent.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    That's the puppy.
    Did you paint the green and red?
    Is that pic recent with the snow? Brrrr.
  • AMservices
    That was last season when it was new.
    Did not paint it green.
    I did put some black stains on it.
    ratio
  • GW
    Thanks all, I did locate YEATS APPLIANCE DOLLY MFG CO LLC as well, just ordered one. Those big wheels are the jam! I was so happy I ordered all of the little accessories too.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • AMservices
    That dolly is like having 2 extra guys helping.
    I wouldn't move a boiler without it.
    The big wheels help on flat ground and getting over small steps.
    You have to remove them going up or down multiple steps.

Enjoy!
  • GW

Gary

Google "Wesco Superwheel" there about $110 and worth every penny. Northen Tool has them and I am sure others sell them

awesome, I just ordered one of those too!!! I wasted about 30 min yesterday on the net and calling some manufacturers, I should have just posted here and went on my merry way!
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • GW
    yes we have the Escalara with Big Wheels, but we don't always want to haul around the heavy stair climber if it's not needed.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    Last time I used ours we removed a Burnham V11. I think those sections go 500-600 lb. It was an easy one, out of the boiler room flat, down a hall and onto a loading dock. You could push it loaded with a section with one hand
    GW