Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot water not getting to upstairs baseboards

Options
tomjar
tomjar Member Posts: 1
I turned the heat on for the first time after the summer and my low water cutoff light came on and shut down the system automatically. I found the fill lever and added water until the light went off and I ran the system. The downstairs zone worked pretty well, but the upstairs zone (which consists of 2 separate loops) did not work well. The bedroom loop was warm, but the living room loop was cold. Could it be air in the system? If so, how do I get it out? None of the baseboards have bleeder valves. Its a Crown boiler that is only 2 years old, so I can't believe that it already needs repair. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,286
    Options
    If the low water cut off came on and you added water... the water must have gone somewhere over the summer. Hot water systems are not supposed to lose water, so the first step is to figure out where it went.

The second step is that you will need to make sure the expansion tank has the proper precharge -- it may have lost that.

The third step will be to bleed the system and remove all the air.

But don't even think of steps two and three until you have figured out where the water went.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England