Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Main & Branch Lines

Options
winesalot
winesalot Member Posts: 32
edited October 2018 in Plumbing
Our soon to be water source will be 3500 gallons of water stored in cisterns at the top of our property with a well filling the tanks. The water flow and pressure will be provided by gravity. The tanks will be 100' above the building so we will have a solid 44 psi at all times in a 2" pvc main line. The above system was designed by an engineer as required by our State Dept. of Health.

The building we are feeding with water is 160 feet long and 50-60 feet wide with a wine tasting room at one end, a wine production area in the middle and a small residence at the opposite end. My plan is to run the 2" pipe down the center of the building almost it's entire length and put tees in to feed the various uses along the way with Uponor PEX lines. The question is....based on the above information what size pex feeder would I need to supply a 1250 sqft 3 bedroom house from the 2" 44 psi header?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,280
    Options
    That's a straightforward plumbing question, and the answer is determined by the number of bathrooms, kitchens, and any other fixtures being served (such as hose bibbs).
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • winesalot
    winesalot Member Posts: 32
    Options
    For the residence, which I believe to be the largest potential water users, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, no hose bibs. The other large user will be the tasting room with 2 customer restrooms and a small bistro (commercial) kitchen, no hose bibs. We have a separate irrigation water system for all of our hose bibs.