Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

GB142 propane burner capacity setting

Options
hk7111
hk7111 Member Posts: 1
Hi. I have a Buderus Propane GB142. It was a long process to get it figured out after an installer that wasn’t really as familiar with it as they should. The open question I’m left with is the boiler capacity setting. There’s a 100 and a “- -“ is the latter encouraging modulation or is effectively running on max. I know this is in addition to the temperature controlled modulation. There’s been little guidance on this setting but when it’s at 30 I can’t keep the house warm (which was how the installer set it and took 18 months to realize was the issue) and at 100 it’s no problem but go through a ton of propane. I know I can find a range in between but just trying to determine what’s the correct setting

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,377
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Set it to -- which is 100. You don't need to be changing this setting. The boiler will figure out on its own where to modulate.

If it's not giving you sufficient heat below 30* outside, then the ODR curve on the AM10 module may need adjusting, but setting the modulation lower is not the answer.

It's also not the answer to saving fuel; your house needs so many btus to heat it at any given temp. Chocking down the firing rate of the boiler won't change that; it will only prolong the process.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    HVACNUTNoel