Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Drab to Fab HVAC

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,692
this weeks gem; 4 1/2 days of grinding

Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com
CTOilHeatEireIronman

Comments

• GW
    edited December 2017
    Options
    -
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Why didn't you leave the bottom return for the basement unit? Looks like a Carrier came out and may have even fit into the existing supply plenum. Just wondering.
  • GW
    Options
    We had major height issues, the new ahu was taller and the cased hw coil was 10” or so. The slant coil made it possible to have a side return
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Eire
    Eire Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi Gary
    Good looking job. I know this is an old post so I hope you get this comment.
    I have the exact same situation as this. I need to replace a 3 ton unit and 2 x 2 ton units. I have the boiler and zone piping and circulators installed. I’m using the exsisting ductwork.
    Can you tell me the size of your system and what type of coils you used. Also what do you take into consideration in choosing an Air Handler when installing a heating coil in front of it.
    The coil I was looking at required 1700 CFM
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Brian
  • GW
    Options
    Hi Brian, I mainly use Bryant and now Carrier (same basic thing). I downsized a 1/2 ton on each system. I'm a downsize guy, i get my jollies dialing down the BTU's. This is a 1 1/2 (attic) and a 2 (basement). The coils are from carrier, they fit nicely on the ahu's. I'm not sure who actually makes the coils, it may or may not be carrier

When you say 'required 1700 cfm" i don't fully understand. You mean it's 1700 to get its full rated BTU?

I don't check the HH site every day so please email me if you need faster comments, gary@wilsonph.com
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Eire
    Eire Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Gary
    Sent you an email
    thanks