Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Reset - Restart

shas595
shas595 Member Posts: 11
Hi All
I have a Buderus G115 Gas Boiler with a Buderus Logamatic control. Its for home heating and hot water. My son yanked out the hot-water sensor from the inlet on the tank, so the control gave me Heating Error (since it was heating but not reporting an increase in temp... i would think). I put the sensor back in, noticed the DHW temp rise a little so it seems to be working still; so I restarted the boiler and its not firing. Boiler temp is at 80 and falling, DHW is at 77 and falling. Its set to 120 for the DHW, and even in manual mode it doesnt even try to start. I can hear the circulating pumps kick on when I switch from AUTO to MAN, but no flame. Its a Carlin burner - during reset I see the amber light come on the burner, then all go off. Doesnt lock out or anything, just never even tries to burn. Thoughts?

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Are you sure it's gas? That's an oil burner model.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • shas595
    Yes, its Buderus Logano G115 - Natural Gas
  • shas595
    I also just noticed that the HOURS RUN is at 0
  • Ironman
    Can you post some pics of the boiler and burner?
    Bob Boan
  • shas595

• shas595
    I have seen that the boiler starts, then gives the signal to fire the burner via terminals 10/11 on the block (and the flame symbol on the LCD)- but the burner doesn't react. The Carlin burner does start up sequence - amber light at first for start up check, then they all go dark. Never get any green.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    This is where you might need a heating tech familiar with the 2107.
    But first I'm gonna ask, if you haven't tried already, check to make sure the sensor wire isn't cut anywhere. Put the 2107 back to auto and shut off power, at a service switch for 10 minutes. Turn back on and check.
    If that doesn't work, someone needs to wring out the burner circuit, with an electric meter. Start with checking to see if there's 120v between 4 and 11 on the burner (green) terminal block. If there's power there, then the problem is towards the Calin primary control.
    If no power, go back toward the water heater circuit.
    Also an ohms test on the indirect sensor.
    How old is your son? Does he get...
    1- no dessert for a week
    2- no Xbox for a month
    3- he's paying for the repair.
    kcoppadasilva
  • Ironman
    Let's check two simple things:
    1. The gas valve is the gray cube just to the left of the burner. Is the black control knob on top of it turned to "ON"?
    2. The big red button on top of the blue primary control on the right of the burner: press it to reset the control.
    3. If neither of these corrects the problem, you need a tech that's familiar with the 2107 Logamatic control and a Carlin Ez-gas conversion burner.
    Bob Boan
  • shas595
    Thanks for the reply, I have checked out the sensor wire and it seems OK. After a fair amount of troubleshooting I am confident the Carlin controller is no good. As I said, I get power after the relay engages for flame, and I get 120V across 4 and 11 as you said. I monitored via the Carlin side - after the 120V from the 2107 burn relay engages, the Carlin controller should output 120V to the motor as step 1 of the burn sequence - but the Carlin control never outputs voltage to start it; so it seems like that's the last leg. Unfortunately no supply houses are open (why do these things break only on the weekend when no one is open)
    As for my son, he is only 2 - so no Scooby Doo for a week!
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Ok, so 120v is going into the primary (black wire) but the burner motor does not start for pre purge? Is there 120v to the burner motor? (Orange wire)
    Does the primary go into safety lockout?

Going back and looking at the pics, what's connected to TT on the primary? Spill switch? Did it trip? Depressing the red button between the wires will reset it.

But if it was in fact tripped, the system NEEDS to be be turned off (electric and gas). A qualified tech versed in the Carlin EZ gas and the G115 with the 2107 must check the boiler, flue, and chimney.

Do not run the boiler if the spill switch tripped until checks/repairs are done, along with a printed combustion analysis.
  • shas595
    Well I caved and called in the pros as I could not get my hands on a control. It was the spill sensor? Somehow it got tripped. Since he was already on the call he did the annual service / cleaning. So I guess all is good! I appreciate all the help, hopefully someone in the future can get some use out of this discussion.

and @Ironman - you are right, its an oil model that was converted to gas!