Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

History / Antique

Options
Hilly
Hilly Member Posts: 427
Here's an oldie, anyone wanna guess the age or brand even? The faucet spout from what I can tell is original but he hot and cold were "Frankensteined" in there. So the faucet will have 2 manufactures to guess at.

Comments

• Hilly
    Options
    It was all taken apart by a handyman before I got there. Project was to "refresh" the place with new tile on the floor and walls where damaged and add a custom shower. I had put it all back together. It all still worked, thankfully because I would have had a tough time finding parts I'm sure.

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Looks like a Kohler or maybe American Standard, circa 1915 to 1920 ?
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,424
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I’m thinking Crane @Hilly, but my father (who could write a lost art on faucet/toilet repair) is thinking American Standard.
  • mars_6
    mars_6 Member Posts: 107
    Options
    Iwould guess crane spout and am std valves.
    Matt Rossi
  • Hilly
    Options
    I'm unsure of the original "standing drain and spout" but I'm sure the the hot and cold have been identified as AmStd "Re-Nu". Close to certan from all the pictures and feedback from online forums and research.
    The sink itself is stamped on the bottom "J. L. Mott Iron Works" with a stamp for Dec 12, 1899 and then a secondary stamp of Dec 29 1899. I think those are the days on it. So maybe a manufacturers date and then a shipping date, but who knows.
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,580
    Options
    JL Mott from Mott Haven, Bronx NY. A lot of history behind that sink
    Hilly
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    Here's the sink (or at least a close match) in a vintage ad for American Standard. It's from the early 1900s.

vintage 1900s ad for American Standard

President
    HeatingHelp.com
    Hilly