Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

manufactured housing split system

what is a choice of heat pump that does NOT have micro channel and is precharged tubing ?? Don't like the track record of BROAN with high percentage of leakers

Comments

• AMservices
    AMservices Member Posts: 610
    Rheem is what I've recently started installing because I have no faith in micro channel coils.
    Rheem still use a 3/8 copper coil. Very well built, installer friendly equipment.
    American standard is my second choice. Aluminum coil, but its 3/8.
    Good man is my third choice. Micro channel, but at least its copper.
    Stay the hell away from aluminum, flat tube coils like York.
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    I was surprised to hear all the problems and complaints on micro channel coils, when Carrier first used them I was tasked with going out and doing a report on the units after they were in use several months, we found nothing and it seemed a great concept because most pollen, etc goes right through. But it seems they are all having and have had issues, does it seem like a quality build issue or what?
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,617
    Probably a combination of things. Initially there'd be all the problems associated with rolling out "new" technology, after that they aren't the same as tube & fin, they just perform the same job, so it's going to take a while for everyone to get the feel of them. That said, we've been using radiators for many, many years so there's nothing inherently wrong with the technology; but the whole point of them is to make the mfgrs more money. If they're 20% cheaper and 10% less reliable, that's still in the black as far as the bean counters are concerned.
  • HEATON
    HEATON Member Posts: 117
    Went with a DUKANE but am disappointed to find it impossible to connect w/tech support . Man. rep? Man. support? There are issues and as you know new people hired in supply hs. are poorly trained and are for the most part apathetic at least in our area. RE Michel is a supplier for This made in Mexico stuff and no help connecting w/manufacturer when we need tech support.
  • AMservices
    > @HEATON said:
    > Went with a DUKANE but am disappointed to find it impossible to connect w/tech support . Man. rep? Man. support? There are issues and as you know new people hired in supply hs. are poorly trained and are for the most part apathetic at least in our area. RE Michel is a supplier for This made in Mexico stuff and no help connecting w/manufacturer when we need tech support.

What's your problem? we are here to help
  • HEATON
    HEATON Member Posts: 117
    Who are you? does here to help have a phone No. or email address or does the comment mean this forum?
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,617
    Forum. Lotta smart guys here.
  • AMservices
    @HEATON
    I am a HVAC installer/service technician.
    I work on and install a lot of the same systems you're dealing with, if not very similar.
    If you're experiencing a problem time and time again or if you experience a completely random problem that you've never seen before, There's a good chance someone else has already encountered this problem And maybe they have the solution you're looking for.

What questions would you have for Dukane if you could speak with them?