Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ecoer heat-pump condenser

Hey HVAC community,

Has anyone got any feedback on an Ecoer heat-pump.

We are located in the MA and so have hot humid summers and frigid winters. Currently have oil heat (not yay) and are looking at switching from oil for primary heat source + get AC. Gas not an option unfortunately (gas company didn't want the liability of dealing with a retaining wall). Had multiple HVAC contractors come through, most recommended low temp mini-splits systems, one went geothermal, one a combination of ducted heat pump ground floor then mini-split in upstairs bedrooms + keep a secondary heat source.

Another contractor recommended a Ecoer heat-pump as it works with very to low temps + is energy efficient. It seems like a new product as there is hardly anything online, anyone worked with this system before?

Thanks for any input!

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    Check the heating load of your house against the heating capacity of the unit at the design temperature. Also compare your electricity costs at the low temperatures to oil. Note that both the available heat and the COP from the system drops off and the power requirement goes up...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Never heard of it. Sorta looks like the Bosch unit that Midea makes for them.
  • woobagooba
    woobagooba Member Posts: 186
    Bump. A friend was just quoted an ECOER heat pump on zone 5, MA coastal. I have never heard of them before, and I just came through a long quoting process for my own heat pumps.

What's the 411 on the ECOER units?