Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ANOTHER TT Indirect tank failed....

Javelin
Javelin Member Posts: 138
Heating Pros,
I just got back from a weeklong vacation to find my 2nd (a warranty replacement of the 1st) Tringle Tube Smart 40 leaking all over the basement. The well where the switch/sensor goes is filled with water, and the input/output of the boiler water seems all leaky with visible brown drips...

From what I know and the videos I've seen online, it seems like the OUTER tank is rusted through somehow maybe? Is this normal? Seems excessive that this is the 2nd TT tank failure for me..right? Shouldn't the outer tank last longer? its only filled with boiler water.... RIght? Any thoughts? this should be covered under the lifetime warranty right?

Thanks to all..

Jay

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Yes it should be covered but you need to find the cause. They have a new tank design now called Ginius.
  • injersey
    injersey Member Posts: 3
    Jay, have you contacted your contractor and have them contact the warranty department? Or Triangle Tube Tech support is open right now for your convenience and could assist you or your contractor with a path to resolution.
  • injersey
    injersey Member Posts: 3
    The number for Triangle Tube Tech support is 856-228-8881
  • Boon
    Boon Member Posts: 260
    >>> The well where the switch/sensor goes is filled with water,

I understand there is a good chance the tank is leaking but I went through similar situation last year and the problem wasn’t a leaking tank. Instead, the drywell threads were leaking. I was able to unscrew the drywell, wrap the threads with loctite 55, and thread it back in. It’s been fine ever since. Check the threads before you replace the tank.
    DIY'er ... ripped out a perfectly good forced-air furnace and replaced it with hot water & radiators.
    Zman