Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fuel Oil Tank Replacement (275 gal.)

ppllgg
ppllgg Member Posts: 69
Hello,
I'm going to be replacing my home tank soon. Can anyone recommend a Good Brand & Distributor for a Upgrade ? I see they sell them at the Big box stores, but I don't want Low quality...
I live in central Ct.
Thank You.

Comments

• ppllgg
    edited April 2018
    Thanks pecmsg for that link & All that Info. ! That looks like a Nice Unit which eliminates the rust problems ! Thou the install is a lot more involved than what I have, being it requires (same size fill & vent pipe, slip joints -for expansion , mounting base & tie downs). I'm going to contact them for it's total cost.
  • PhilDavid
    PhilDavid Member Posts: 68
    Are the granby tanks American made? Are they better? I’ve only seen the comparable Roth tanks. And the screwed fittings on top of the granby tanks appear to be metal instead of plastic like the Roth tanks have.
  • ppllgg
    edited April 2018
    Ichmb,Thanks for your reply ! Thou it's 10 gal.'s smaller, This will just fit thru the limited space I got w/ it's 27.5 " width. (finished enclosured) & it has a integrated base, NICE ! & I don't see the need for the aforementioned slip joints for the piping either.
    I'll contact them also. This may be the one that will work the best for me. Thanks again Ichmb for your assistance.
  • ppllgg
    PhilDavid, I believe they are made in Canada. I don't know about them thou they seem VG.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    I've installed a number of both. I do like the one piece base but the Granby is a bit heavier. They do require you to support the piping to the tank as they dont want the tank to hold it up but that should be simple. I've also had excellent tech support from Granby on everything they sell..
    ppllgg
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    i serve central ct and install tanks, pm me if interested
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
    ppllgg