Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydroair AHUs

I’m looking at designing a hydroair system to replace two furnaces and a water heater in a large condo. Does anyone have recommendations on equipment manufacturers? I’m looking for AHUs that come with HW coils, evaporator coils, and ECMs. I’m looking for some equipment with options in terms of coil size so the coil can be selected to keep design supply water temps as low as possible. ADP makes some nice looking ones, but I’d have to order 4 or more.

Any thoughts on hydroair systems in general or indirect DHW tank vs combi in this application?

Comments

• SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,570
    Trane has a decent variety.
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,888
    I'm no designer in these commercial type AHU applications, but an installer and the company I work for uses a lot of Daikin units with HW coils, evap coils, and ECMs. Seeing as the condo is large enough to require two furnaces at the moment, I would lean toward an indirect rather than a combi, assuming the DHW load will be rather high as well. As far as hydroair systems in general, we do them almost exclusively in commercial applications with great feedback and I own a small residential business as well, many of which jobs incorporate an A/W exchanger in the existing forced air furnaces to be heated via boiler water. These are primarily outdoor wood boiler applications. Hydroair is far superior to gas heated air IMO
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Majic Air and First Company
    SuperTech
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,136
    First Co has good bang for your buck. just make sure pay special attention to condensate drainage
  • RPK
    RPK Member Posts: 98
    Has anyone ever used the Comfort-Aire line they sell on supplyhouse? I don’t have a First Co or Magic Aire rep nearby.
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,136
    You can always use whatever brand air handler that you prefer and install a hot water coil in front of it.
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,888
    ^^^^Or even add coils to your existing furnaces for that matter, assuming the air handling side of things is still operational