Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Old(ish) Reset Control

Options
Mike_Sheppard
Mike_Sheppard Member Posts: 696
edited March 2018 in THE MAIN WALL
Has anyone seen this “ISTA” reset control before?

I’ve been a commercial service tech for 11 years now and have never seen one of these before. It looks a lot like the Honeywell. I can’t find any info on it either. It says “Tour and Andersson” on the dial which I have dealt with before with 3-way valves.
Never stop learning.

Comments

• Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    I have no direct expierenc with them, but looks either Swedish or German to me. Is it still working?
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Mike_Sheppard
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Solid_Fuel_Man yep it's still working. Hmm, it didn't upload the entire photo, only a slice of the photo. I'll try to upload again.
    Never stop learning.
  • Mike_Sheppard
    Options
    Photo
    Never stop learning.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Units like that was installed in the 80's ...
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • Big Ed_4
    Options
    In the Fifties , there was a Bakelite model that used vacuum tubes .... Before that I know there was a manual reset where you moved a counter weight along a marked arm connected to boiler temp sensor ... The arm was connected with chain to the coal damper ... Which used the same curve chart we use today...
    SuperTech
  • Mike_Sheppard
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So what you’re saying is, this isn’t old! Haha. For a guy my age it’s a little bit old though. I never got to experience the ones you’re describing.

Updated title lol
    Never stop learning.
  • Big Ed_4
    Options
    Neither did I , The techs before me disconnected them way before me .The vacuum tube model , I was told had a connection to the built in kitchen clock.. 180* winter 160* summer was drilled in our heads :) . Every ,less now and then you can spot one.. Not sure if they where call resets back then

The manual reset model , I have only seen on the original card board instructions hanging on a beam in the cellar ...

Surprise your model is still working , The processors back then were not so good. Then add the I don't know cut it out fixers ...

• Mike_Sheppard
    Options
    This one is resetting the setpoint of an old American Standard cast iron boiler. The thing runs under 140 degrees most of the year probably and is still in one piece. I was told they want to scrap the control and put a T775R on it. I said just leave it be until the boiler is replaced then do it properly with a 3-way valve or primary/secondary at least. I guarantee a modern cast iron boiler isn’t going to last as long running at 120 degrees.
    Never stop learning.
    kcopp
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    Yeah with 'ye olde iron block lower water temp didn't matter as much because they were so inefficient to begin with condensation wouldn't be likely to be an issue. Notsomuch todayeeee!
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    ratio