Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

white rodgers 5059-22

Options
HEATON
HEATON Member Posts: 118
what is the proper OUTPUT voltage for this ignition control??

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    The applied voltage is 24 volts. The output voltage is for the spark and is not something that we typically measure. It either sparks and lights the pilot or does not if not replace it.

Why are you asking?
  • HEATON
    HEATON Member Posts: 118
    Options
    a couple yrs ago a no ignition prob. I looked at the spark by removing the pilot burner and connecting the ign. cable and grounding the assy . spark seemed weak but not haveing a comparison or test for prop voltage obtained a new control and kazamm sharper spark and ignition complete. The other day on a boiler with the same type control, a WM (AHE60), Was going to be difficult to remove the pilot burner assy. to observe electrode
    and spark strength because of tight quarters, rusty machine screws etc. A test for proper output voltage would have saved some time. Control is not on the shelf locally so I found a used one from a tear out and it worked .Spark on one in question , on comparison was weaker, & we have ignition. A new one is ordered. But you see I might have gone through that and still have to pull the pilot burner to look for bridged spark gap, cracked ignitor insulator etc.. A simple test for voltage if known would be a time saver. Thanks for your input. , Heat/off Heat/on, John 60yrs a tech and don't know enough