Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Reliable High Output Air-to-Water Heat Pump Options?

Options
Steamback
Steamback Member Posts: 37
I'm really just looking for a few good leads on where to get fairly large (but RELIABLE) air-to-water heat pump, like in the 50,000 to 100,000 btu/hr output range (at minimum) down to 0 F degrees outside (if that's even possible)?

I'm a solar guy and don't know much about small commercial heat pumps, which I assume this would be? I live in NY state, so obviously I'm not going to order a unit popular on the West Coast. I'd appreciate any suggestions for manufacturers I should look at, or distributors in my state.

But most important, I'm reaching out to any installers who can say through experience they have used a brand or model in this equipment class and can also say they like it and would use it again. Thanks.

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I have not and do not, but am interested in this thread. What water temps are you looking for and what is the application?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    I have a friend, lives up above Utica, NY running one of these Soltice. He sent a video of it running in defrost mode. it is connected to radiant floor and ceilings, so running under 120F. Connected to 80 gallon buffers as it is oversized to the load. Design around the lowest possible SWT of course to leverage the efficiency.

This technology is posed for some big growth, a few more companies are entering the market.

The GEO credits were yanked in the recent tax bill negotiation. The industry was looking forward to that incentive to drive this HP market.

This is a technology that could displace a lot of the fossil fueled hydronic heat sources especially if they can in fact achieve those COPs. Easily offset with PV is another attraction.

As far as reliable?? It may take a few years before we have a lot of data on that.

http://spacepak.com/products/solstice-heat-pumps.asp

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • HVACguyinME
    HVACguyinME Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Daikin doesn’t make an air to water heat pump anymore. And SpacePak has a unit like hot rod talks about. The Solstice Extreme.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    GEO got some incentives in the last go around in congress, I don't think air to water is in the mix?

With oil prices rising here are the latest NYSERDA numbers.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream