Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Transport pipe making noices

Bosco
Bosco Member Posts: 30
edited November 2018 in Gas Heating
Why does the transport pipe making water flow noices? Each time the time is turn on

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Sounds like a low flow condition. How many pumps are on your system? Got pictures?

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
    CanuckerGordy
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,019
    Could be the boiler is over sized for the loads(s) is it a zoned system? What type of heat emitters. how about a load calculation for the building.

Copper tube boilers are a fairly low mass, low water content boiler. Without a consistent load they were prone to short cycling.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    kcopp
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    As mentioned above you boiler needs constant full flow when it is firing. Sounds like a flow restriction or a pump is not working
  • tommyboy5740
    tommyboy5740 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my epb 110. It started to give short term hot water and worsened to only 10 second intervals before cold water ran. I am looking for apost that may offer similar assistance.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    @tommyboy5740
    It is probably better to start another post with all the details of your problem including pictures.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Could be flow issue. Is this a new development, or something you just took notice of?

Seems some flow is occurring to drop 30 degrees in 1:30 min.

Is it warmer outside now?
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    They are suppose to be piped primary/secondary. I've yet to see one piped that way.
    Steve Minnich
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Or, at least, with a bypass.
    Steve Minnich
  • kjl520
    kjl520 Member Posts: 10
    If I'm not mistaken... That Laars is a copper finned boiler. Similar to a Lochinvar. You definitely have a flow issue. I've seen it many times before. These boilers have a very small volume. If you don't have constant flow through the boiler it will over heat in less than a minute. It might make some pretty weird sounds as the water boils inside the boiler. I would say your flow restriction is either from a failed pump or air lock. My money would be on a bad pump. You need a technician.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    I always thought piping a copper fin boiler with primary secondary was mandatory
    kjl520