Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Great Opportunity in California!

Options

This is an amazing opportunity for the right person. We are one of the leading Radiant Heating/Cooling /Solar /HVAC providers in the Southern California market. Current staff is very focused on new installs and we have a need for a full time service person/service dept. manager. We have a very large number of condensing boiler (mostly Viessmann) radiant heat, as well as Geo and standard HVAC installs that require maintenance and service as well as servicing units installed by other vendors. The upside potential is enormous. The right person would be a self-starter with impeccable character. You would work closely with our dispatcher to evaluate, provide estimates, service systems and collect payment. Your compensation would be a very healthy percentage of every service ticket and you would have the opportunity to organize, improve, and build our service business while sharing a large portion of the profits. The service business has never been the profit center it should be with us and I am looking for the right person to change that. Could that be you? Please respond with resume detailing work history and experience.

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    If you want to keep your business DO NOT put your service men on commission.
    triggerhappy24
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,280
    Options
    unclejohn said:

If you want to keep your business DO NOT put your service men on commission.

Amen. Pay them fairly, pay them well -- and lead them not into temptation, as has been said elsewhere.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    Something is fishy (to me). Your last post was you were building a custom home...and the heating contractor...and the plumbing contractor...
    Now your the '"...one of the leading Radiant Heating/Cooling /Solar /HVAC providers in the Southern California market..."
    That happened pretty quick, from H/O to market leader
    steve
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
    Options
    If I wasn't so old I would sign anything on the dotted line if it would get me out of the +7 deg weather LOL
  • unclejohn
    Options
    Amen, and I have yet too find any type of system that didn't need at least one kanibbler pin replaced. And don't forget about the gas valve bearings.
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I live in CA. In the late 70's I was in the contracting business here. As described, this person is looking for an independent contractor, which in CA requires a license. It is a process and takes time. Perhaps I have read it incorrectly and the right person would work under the companies license. Good boiler people are few and far between here in the Greater West, anywhere from S CA to Fairbanks. Everyone is looking for good boiler techs, EVERYONE. Seattle, Portland, Bay Area, LA. Where do you want to live?
    Rich_L
  • unclejohn
    Options
    Right now I want to live any where thats on the equator.
    rick in Alaska
  • beachguy
    beachguy Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Guys relax. This is completely on the level. Haven't posted for a while but we are a REAL hydronics co looking for a REAL tech to pay him (or her - that would be a big plus around here) REAL money. I am the licensee and the job seeker would be an employee with wages + bonus. I'm definitely taking the comments about commission under advisement.

https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/OnlineServices/CheckLicenseII/LicenseDetail.aspx?LicNum=724082

We have been installing Hydronics, mostly Radiant for at least 12 years and we have 200+ systems out there and not enough staff to cover service.

We are also out in front of the Radiant Cooling technology. These are beautiful custom homes with pretty big line items for HVAC. Talent pool is thin out here. Who wants to move?

Unfortunately, we have "nasty" weather today. 59 and raining...

Please help me find the right person or persons.

Thanks,

Jacob
    Rich_LwesPA
  • beachguy
    beachguy Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Still very interested in adding a tech or two to the team.
    Rich_L