Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit

How to fix leaking cast iron baseboard radiator?

I have single pipe steam heat in my house. I have a 14 foot cast iron baseboard radiator in my living room. Recently, where two of the 2 foot sections join together has started leaking water. I took it off the wall and took apart the sections. The bottom connector between the sections is completely rusted out. How do i replace these? And where can I buy replacement connectors? I've done a little research and i think they are called push nipples but I'm not 100% sure.


Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!