Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil Cast Iron Baseboard Assembly Tool

Phil53
Phil53 Member Posts: 73
Does anybody have one of these I can rent, borrow, or buy. I really only have a need for one for about a days work, but if I have to buy one, I guess I can resell it. Tried to rent one from local wholesalers and haven't had any luck. The baseboard is so expensive almost no one uses it anymore.

Comments

• vibert_c
    vibert_c Member Posts: 69
    You might have divulged your location with this request for a more prompt response. Are you moving old bb or installing new ones? Have you a supply of new push nipples at hand presently? The only tool most tradsmen loan out belongs to their dog! Hi Hi
    vibert_c
  • Phil53
    I'm in Aurora, Il - about 40 west of Chicago. The 1st floor of my ranch house is heated with Weil CI baseboard installed when the house was built in 1961. The basement was never finished or heated and I'm in the process of doing that. I came across some new surplus Weil no. 9 baseboard heavily discounted and I picked it up. It is in various sections with end pieces, new push nipples and radiator els, just need to assemble and pipe to existing Burnham Series 2 boiler.
  • vibert_c
    vibert_c Member Posts: 69
    @Phil53 How is your job coming getting the cast iron baseboards installed? Are you still in need of an assembly tool?
    vibert_c
  • Phil53
    Kinda got side tracked with some other projects. Will probably get back to this after the holidays. I can buy an assembly tool and sell it back to the plumbing supply house, will cost me about $150 to do that. Considering the cost of ruining a piece of baseboard trying to force it together, I'll probably just bit the bullet and pick one up.
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Most supply houses will "rent" it to you for the day or two.
    If you're not a regular account- you'll need to put down a deposit.
    kcopp
  • baconair
    baconair Member Posts: 1
    Ok Phil53 its April your done right ? If not I have one I wil let you use I'm up near palatine but I will meet if you like .
    Phil53
  • Phil53
    Actually I haven't been able to put them together yet and would be interested in borrowing your assembly tool. Would be willing to pick it up in palatine if that works for you. Feel free to call me at 630-701-4533. Thanks