Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

viessmann wb1b-35 gas smell in cabinet

Options
pumbaa
pumbaa Member Posts: 8
looking for help with a viessmann wall hung having a gas smell in cabinet. all gas pressures are rite changed gas valve, combustion fan, all gaskets, also have a good eff. test . anybody else had this problem? tech support no help.
LilRedHeatingCo

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,284
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Step 1. Shut off power to the house.
    Step 2. Leave.
    Step 3. Get somebody competent to find the gas leak.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    pumbaaCanucker
  • pumbaa
    Options
    its an internal leak after shut down. there isn't a leak in the gas train up to the gas valve
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    just curious but what is tech support saying?
  • pumbaa
    Options
    call a rep. last one that they had boiler replied and 2 weeks later the same problem with new boiler
  • pumbaa
    Options
    sorry that should say replaced
  • pumbaa
    Options
    thinking may be problem with venting???
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,284
    Options
    A gas leak is a gas leak. It is also an explosion waiting to happen. I don't want to read about you in the papers. Or on the 'net.

If you insist on living very dangerously, at least do your neighbours a favour and get the gas shut off to your house at the service entrance.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Gordy
  • pumbaa
    Options
    the boiler is and was shut down and gas is and was off, i'm asking other techs if they have had this problem with the viessmann, i'm not stupid and your being condescending, need help not what your handing me
    LilRedHeatingCo
  • pumbaa
    Options
    ended up the board was bad not doing the post purge
    LilRedHeatingCo
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    I had a bad gas valve years ago on a wb1a, was kicking out an odor. Glad you’re all set
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • LilRedHeatingCo
    LilRedHeatingCo Member Posts: 1
    Options
    @pumbaa Hi there, yes years later, but I’m having the same thing at a customers house and im just wondering what you ended up doing? Just change the board or the gas valve as well? It’s almost 8pm here on a Friday so I can’t get tech support..