Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil Mclain boiler turns off at low temp

scamike
scamike Member Posts: 2
I have a 5 yr old Weil Mclain CGa gold hot water boiler. The problem it doesn't heat up to the right boiler temp at times. You first notice that the room temp can't be achieved. Then I notice the cast iron radiators are just warm to the touch. Go to the boiler and see the digital boiler temp module (Weil Mclain 1135) is cutting off at 140 degrees. If I just move the dial slightly it jumps to 182 and the boiler begins to heat normally. This has happened 4 or5 times in the last 2 heating seasons.The energy saver dial is set to max but has since lowered it 1/4 turn. Could the problem be as obvious as a the control module? Are there other parameters involved? Thanks Mike

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    I always set the "energy saver" to min. Energy saver is another word for not getting enough heat. Although the mere touch or slight turn should not cause that drastic a jump. You may have a problem with the control.
    JohnNY
  • scamike
    scamike Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Unc I think you are right. Want to confirm before I go buying a control module.
  • PenOfDen
    PenOfDen Member Posts: 1
    I have this problem Boiler Gold CGa too stops heating at 140
    what was the fix?
  • dan0793
    dan0793 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue. Shuts off at 140. Tried fooling with the energy saver, no help
  • bdheat
    bdheat Member Posts: 6
    I see some people here with the same issue I am having. Cannot find a solution anywhere. Did anyone ever get this rectified?
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    Better to start a new thread with a lot more information. System type and full control layout, at the very least.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • bdheat
    bdheat Member Posts: 6
    Thanks. I did start a new thread as well. Just trying everything I can.