Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New garage heat...

Options
john p_2
john p_2 Member Posts: 367
Recently installed a new convection heater made by Smith's Environmental Products - PSU-30. This heater was selected to replace an existing Nesbit hot water unit heater from 1997. The Nesbit was installed with my first hot water boiler that was using 180° water temp.

I recently hired Langans Plumbing & Heating ( John Langan & Rich McGrath ) as consultants for designing/ configuring/selecting the heat for my basement and garage. Langan's was hired previously upon developing a crack in my original boiler. Due to the fantastic results/outcome from that job I never had a doubt about who to hire for the basement/garage project.

When Rich McGrath proposed using the PSU-30 I must admit I had serious concerns about whether or not this small unit would heat an entire 2 car garage with 10' ceilings and using lower water temps. Once again Rich was correct and not only does this unit heat the garage and heat it rather evenly, it is does it very, very quietly with no vibration on the wall at all. My work office & family room are on the opposite side of the garage wall the PSU-30 is mounted to but I hear nothing at all.

The mounting bracket provided enables you to pipe the unit "dry", then pull the unit off the bracket and solder all joints except the final two at the unit - very nice.
njtommyCanuckerratioGordyRich_49

Comments

• njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Options
    Nice work John!
  • MikeJ
    MikeJ Member Posts: 103
    Options
    That is a beautiful boiler room :)
  • john p_2
    Options
    Thanks, getting some changes now. Adding basement heat using PEX tubing. Also while finishing the basement plan to add lighting and tile to the boiler room.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,626
    Options
    It's good to hear a success story from time to time, thanks!
  • john p_2
    Options
    Heater working just fine with some of the coldest temps we've had yet.

Just finished 2nd coat of spackle.
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    Options
    now thats a boiler room, very nice
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • john p_2
    Options
    Thanks...
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    How has it been the last few days John ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • john p_2
    Options
    Rich, it has been unbelievable. Just humming along with garage stat set at 68 and no noise or.vibrations at all. Could not be happier.
    GordyRich_49