Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone use a Honeywell T1 pro thermostat

Hi, I'm new on here and have done some searches but haven't found an answer for my question.
We've been using a lot of Honeywell Focuspro 5000 thermostats programmed for heat only. It now appears to be discontinued by Honeywell and I'm seeing a T1 Pro listed in their brochure. Anyone use it? Thoughts?

Comments

• EYoder
    EYoder Member Posts: 60
    Or have another suggestion for a simple 1 heat t-stat with a decent display?
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    use a honeywell pro 1000. its a good heat only t stat, use them all the time never had a problem
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Supply House. com has over 500 Focus Pro 5000's in stock.
    TH5110D1022.
    I use these for standard replacement.
    Simple to use, has large screen display, tells you room temp and setting temp simultaneously, unlike some others.
    Set up program for heat only.

Must have battery installed if you have only 2 wires at old t-stat.
  • FriendlyFred
    FriendlyFred Member Posts: 27
    I use the Honeywell T4 - a 1H/1C unit. Can be configured in heat-only mode, and config'd specific to steam or hot water. It's programmable, includes some 'adaptive reset' features to plan for heat loss, and can set cycles per hour.

Simple, looks good, and has zero internet connectivity - which is a plus in my book. Can be had from 'Supply Houses' for under $50.
  • EYoder
    Thanks, yes I saw Supplyhouse.com had some 5000's left. I was looking at the T4. Hate to see the 5000 go, used hundreds..
    Thanks.
  • EYoder
    Have used some1000's and I like the simplicity. The T4 looks a bit nicer especially in a newer house.
    Apparently the T1 won't be out for a while.