Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Pipe Insulation

Options
I've seen a lot of discussion regarding the importance of insulating steam piping, especially the near boiler piping on this site. To this point, I had a friend of mine insulate all my pipes with 1 1/2" fiberglass ASJ with stuffed plastic covered fittings and all ends coated with mastic.
My friend is a union insulator and usually does commercial and industrial work. I've gone on the contractor section of heatinghelp and didn't see any insulators listed....is there any demand out there for this service? I was wondering why there's not any contractors listed (my friend is actually thinking of doing this on the side as it would not conflict with union rules because it's residential)

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,317
    Options
    Good idea. He might hook up with any of the heating contractors listed and pick up some work that way.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • steaminboston
    steaminboston Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks. I'll pass along.
    I've included a before & after.
  • New England SteamWorks
    New England SteamWorks Member Posts: 1,505
    Options
    I usually do my own, but there are times when I could certainly use a hand with it. If it's no trouble, have him shoot me an email with his info.
    New England SteamWorks
    Service, Installation, & Restoration of Steam Heating Systems
    newenglandsteamworks.com
  • steaminboston
    steaminboston Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Sure....I'll probably talk to him tomorrow.