Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

RIP Elvis

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
Gone 40 years today. I got to shake his hand!
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited August 2017
    Did he say..."Thankyou...ThankYouVeryMuch.."
    Another one of those...I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news...
    steve
  • DanHolohan
    He said, "Thank you very much for watching my car. " I was working Security at Nassau Coliseum.
    Retired and loving it.
    ChrisJMilanDkcopp
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    That's a cool story. My uncle worked on his car overseas when he was in the service.
    steve
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583

He said, "Thank you very much for watching my car. " I was working Security at Nassau Coliseum.

And Dan replied "OMG I'm never going to wash this hand again!!!!"

What kind of car was it Dan?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • DanHolohan
    edited August 2017
    It was a white, stretch limo. I was right in front of the stage for nearly the whole concert. The boss moved me to the ramp where the Zamboni is before the last song. His lady was in the stretch. He came running at me. I opened the door for him. He stopped and said that and then he shook my hand.

The limo raced up the ramp and out of the building and I stood there, all alone, staring at my hand. July 19, 1975.
    Retired and loving it.
    MilanDChrisJErin Holohan Haskell
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583

It was a white, stretch limo. I was right in front of the stage for nearly the whole concert. The boss moved me to the ramp where the Zamboni is before the last song. His lady was in the stretch. He came running at me. I opened the door for him. He stopped and said that and then he shook my hand.

The limo raced up the ramp and out of the building and I stood there, all alone, staring at my hand. July 19, 1975.

Bruce Springsteen was there too?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Wow! Great memories. Sometimes it isn't all about the money!
  • DanHolohan
    That's for sure, Ed.
    Retired and loving it.