Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ARCO/ABCO Convectors

candyk
candyk Member Posts: 3
Our Historical Society is fixing up an old building. Built in 1939 by the VA-a nurses quarters which was part of a large VA hospital in Broadview Heights,Ohio. We have many Steam Heat Radiators- they are either ARCO or ABCO Convectors - some are 3 1/2' long - if someone has an interest, I will count up and measure all that we have. Since we are a 501c3 organization, we are hoping to sell these and they can be a tax deduction. They are rusted as you can see in the pictures. Our construction will begin in August and we have to empty the building before then. Please let me know if there is any interest Or, should we just toss? Thank you

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,168
    Ah... I may be a bit late with this comment, but is there a very good reason you are removing the steam heat? It was the best possible system you could have (or have had) and those ARCO convectors worked marvelously well...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Ecorad
  • candyk
    Jamie I agree, however, the city yanked the steam system out before the building was given to our Historical Society.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,168
    candyk said:

Jamie I agree, however, the city yanked the steam system out before the building was given to our Historical Society.

Oh dear. Well, you can't win them all...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • candyk
    I now have the number of convectors and sizes we have. There are 18 convectors - most measure 8 x 10 x 40" (a few are slightly shorter). They have to be removed from our building. They would have to be picked up since they probably weigh about 80 lbs. each. We are a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. If there is anyone who can help/advise us it would be greatly appreciated. Since we are raising money for our Historical Society a small donation would be most appreciated. I hate to see them in a landfill but if we can't find a home for them - that is where they will be. Thank you..
    learning_steam_NJ
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    At least find a truck and haul them to the scrap yard for scrap money if no one wants them