Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Condensing Noritz CB199 ng Pluming Issue

Options
I recently had a cb199 installed with radiant baseboard fin I am totally unhappy with the performance had the installer back a couple of times he made some adjustments still not happy. In NY the weather is unpredictable last week 20d 80 mile hr winds could not get the house to 70d. Saw a post from Gordy about a similar unit from looking at the post pictures I believe my pluming to the secondary loop and primary loops are incorrect. I have tried to contact Noritz to get a pluming diagram with no luck. I need supportive information to address my concerns with the installer any help would be appreciated

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    http://www.noritz.com/products/cb199-2/

Install manual is on the website about halfway down that page.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Terry O
    Terry O Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2017
    Options
    See webpage: http://www.noritz.com/products/cb199-2/

Click link for manual.

Typ zone valve piping pg 36
    Typ zone pump piping pg 37
    Terry O
  • Bigtrucker821
    Bigtrucker821 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Have that information but need a more detailed diagram for the loop coming from the combo unit and the hookup to the primary heating loop thanks
  • gschallert
    gschallert Member Posts: 170
    edited March 2017
    Options

Have that information but need a more detailed diagram for the loop coming from the combo unit and the hookup to the primary heating loop thanks

That's as detailed as you're going to get as far as installation piping applications. Why don't you post some photos of your installation so we can see what your guy did. :smile:

ETA: also post some details like what your heat loss is and how many feet of finned baseboard you have
  • Bigtrucker821
    Options

This is my problem area on the bottom of unit
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If those two Tees in the orange pex on the left side are for spaceheating loop... per the manual they're way too far apart:
    "All closely spaced tees shall be within 4 pipe diameters center to center spacing"
    It looks like they're 7-8" from center to center?
    If the orange pipe is 1" pex... they should be 4" apart center to center.

Can you even use pex for the boiler loop? 1" pex carries considerably less water than 1" copper... especially when you throw a few restrictive pex elbows in the mix.
  • Bigtrucker821
    Options
    The observation you made is the same conclusion i came to except the loop to the left is the primary heating loop and the installation manual requires the boiler secondary to be installed INTO the heating loop at the 4" spacing these appear to be installed incorrect orientation whats your take on this. IM not comfortable with the PEX either old school
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
    Sorry I don't have any experience with P/S piping, but it looks like it would be a 20min job to make your current layout conform to the layout recommended in the install manual.
    You could reuse the two Tee's and elbows, you'd just need a couple of feet of 1" OB pex, some 1" pex clamps and the crimp tool.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Wow... Is there another circulator pump besides the one in the "boiler"
  • Bigtrucker821
    Options
    Yes next to the zone valves on return run loop out of picture
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yes to above comments as to the "proper implementation" of primary secondary piping. Those pex fittings are very restrictive. Tell us about the heating emitters other than fin tube. How long are the loops? How many feet of fintube on each loop? And the pump on the heating loop size?
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Tell the installer to RTFM, and then leave the manual with the unit.

• Bigtrucker821
    Options
    Thanks Gordy the installer is telling me that he has done bigger houses with the same installation procedure as my unit and no problems no complaints he doesn't agree with the manual i am working on setting up a meet with a support tech and the installer to check out the installation and what might be the problem very unhappy with the performance of this unit do you think if the loops are tied in incorrectly it would effect the performance of the comboi unit