Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

General Zone valve's

Please be advised that I am trying to locate two General Zon-Val, Zone Valve Power heads.
Please review and please advise if you have any available for sale or do you know where to purchase?
Thank you.
Andy Garcia


  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,488
    I think General Zone Valves have been out of business for some time. Is this the system with DC voltage to the Zone Valves?
  • andrewgarciasr
    andrewgarciasr Member Posts: 2
    Yes..24 Volt transformer to the zone valve power head. The piston in the power head is leaking and no longer working to actuate the valve. Please advise if you know where I could purchase a replacement for these power heads or the piston in the power head. Thank you.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,488
    None that I know of. You need to replace the zone valves with some other brand like Taco, Honeywell etc
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 15,392
    I agree, replace the entire valve, they have a life expectancy.

    Caleffi has a press style valve, very easy to retro-fit.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream