Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AquaSmart water low lockout code. Peerless MI Boiler (PICS included)

Options
Stiffsocks
Stiffsocks Member Posts: 7
edited February 2017 in Plumbing
Hey guys. Yesterday, out of nowhere, my furnace shut off with code "lockout water low" and now it wont come on at all. Originally I was thinking I had air in the system. I have a two story house with 2 zones. The one loop runs to the second story bathroom of the house, so i recently installed a in-line bleeder valve there with no result. I have bled other systems without issue before. Thanks for the time.

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Is your expansion tank connected between the 12 PSI fill valve and the house water supply?
    A picture of the tank connection to the system would clarify.
    Stiffsocks
  • CTOilHeat
    CTOilHeat Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If you are having a lockout on low water from the Aquasmart control in your picture, you have one of two issues. Either the control is incorrectly sensing a lack of water in the boiler or the boiler gauge is reading incorrectly, causing you to perceive that there is water in the boiler when there is not.

The photo shows enough pressure on the boiler that the low water cutoff sensor on the Aquasmart control should not be tripping so you have an issue in one of those two places.

As far as purging the system, Hatterasguy explained it well.
    Stiffsocksrick in Alaska
  • Stiffsocks
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have been purging all day with different combinations when using the little shut off levers (next to the top garden hoses) and also the shut offs before and after the circulator while opening the blue valves with hoses attached.

And now I just followed Sir Hatterasguy's advice about keeping the water psi max at 28 during bleed with no desired result, and would rather not have CTOilHeat be right about having to replace the Aquasmart control or the boiler gauge.

So...Maybe if u guys could tell me exactly what levers to turn in the proper order for bleeding, that would be my last effort before buying a part. (my question mainly for the 2nd pic down and circulator shut offs)

And then for JUGHNE, its looking like to me the expansion tank is after the 12 PSI fill valve and the house water supply. Also I did add that in-line bleeder on top of the highest loop/zone.

I do appreciate the wisdom. You guys are helping a good cause lol
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    Are you closing the little black handled 1/4 turn valves? Those valves must be closed in order for the air to purge out your hose rather than water flowing back up the return.
    If your doing that and still no results. Check the manual for the Aquasmart to see if it can be reset. Don't have my manual handy. I do have frequent problems with the Aquasmart.
    CTOilHeatStiffsocks
  • Stiffsocks
    edited February 2017
    Options
    HVACNUT said:

Are you closing the little black handled 1/4 turn valves?

That was pretty much my main question. Yes I have been closing both black valves before purging and also closing the shut off valves above and below the circulator. Then after purging both zones I turned them all back on at the same time. Not 100% sure if thats the proper way though...

And I did check the manual and tried to reset the boiler controller by holding the reset for 5 seconds with no luck. So after a google session I found the water sensor is notorious for failing on them and the company is sending me a new one asap for free under warranty. Im pretty sure that is the issue at this point.

Correct.........you cannot go above 28 psi or the relief valve will let go. But, were you able to maintain 25 psi throughout the bleed operation?
    Yes and it maintained 12psi under normal function.

What I prefer to do is to "shock" the circuit by quickly opening and closing the bleed. You must be careful............the pressure will rapidly climb and fall. Watch the gauge. Keep it between 22 and 28 psi. On and off repeatedly. The air can't hide when you do that.
    Good experienced stuff. Thanks. Can the relief valve blowing introduce air into the system, or is the water mess the only isssue?
    CTOilHeat
  • CTOilHeat
    CTOilHeat Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Good to hear the company is sending you a new probe. The 2n1r probe in the Aquasmart has had issues with low water lockout, which is why I mentioned the control itself.

Becket actually released a technician bulletin a little over a year ago regarding your issue with that control.

https://www.beckettcorp.com/support/tech-bulletins/2n1r-assemblies-and-7600p-lwco-enabled-sensors/

Best of luck to you.
    ZmanStiffsocks
  • Stiffsocks
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The "Beckett Replaceable 2N1R Sensor" was the culprit, which sucks since I wasted a few days of my life bleeding and also wasted enough water to fill a swimming pool lol. Guess it was a good learning experience. This picture was the broken sensor (factory will send a free one) for all future researchers. It just pulls out through the aquasmart controller very easily. Thanks again for all the help guys.
    CTOilHeat
  • almabradshaw
    almabradshaw Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you all for helping me with my boiler problems.
    I'm getting into boilers and am learning something new every day.plumbersouthjordan.com