Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus g115ws/4 vs g215

cmormina
cmormina Member Posts: 1
I'm considering installing a Buderus g115ws/4 and g215/3 with riello for my 2400sqft home with a heat loss of 85k .. and possible addition of 500sqft in s few years. This is for a replacement of a Weil McClain Gold
118k btu I believe

A year ago I had my chimney lined with a 6" liner which i know is the recommended for g215 (g115 is 4") therefore this as well as the possible addition I'm leaning more towards the g215/3 sizing. Also I've been told that it does better with reducing cold spots.

I hear that the g215/3 is louder operating that the g115ws/4. If so how much louder than the g115.. percent or decibels if anyone knows.

Also, am I better off with a g115ws simply because it is the more commonly installed unit, this is what I was told by an installer.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Are you sure that heat loss calc is correct? 35 btus per sq. ft. is high unless your house is old and leaky or you live way up north.

Regardless, a G113/3 is all you need: it comes with 84k input and can be up fired up to 105k btus.

Don't over-size the boiler; you only need that many btus on the coldest nigh of the year.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    kcopp
  • leelund
    leelund Member Posts: 1
    Just had a 215 installed.....noise is unacceptable, despite 3
    Different vendor attempts to quiet it down. Sorry I bought it.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    @ OP.
    Well it should be properly sized with a full heat loss calculation. I've never heard noise complaints, but if noise it that important, maybe you should look at Energy Kinetics:
    http://energykinetics.com/Efficient-Boiler-Technology-Whisper-Quiet-Made-In-USA/
    steve
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    I believe that Buderus has a muffler for the exhaust on that unit, assuming it is exhaust noise.
    Rick