Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

In-floor advice

Options
JAndre
JAndre Member Posts: 3
I'm brand new to the forum and in need of some advice on my in-floor heating system. really need to make sure the pumps are correct for the flow. Any help would be appreciated.
I have a home that is new construction just north of Minneapolis MN.
The system is two zones, one in the basement and one in the lower garage. 1000 square feet and 900 square feet. Each zone has 4 loops at 300ft each (1/2" tubing). 2" rigid foam was installed along the footings, a vapor barrier, foil faced bubble insulation (foil side up) then 2" rigid foam; tubing was stabled down to the foam. basement pad is 3" and lower garage is 4". I helped with the rough in on the tubing, manifolds are 1" and have adjustable flow valves and gauges.
The boiler location is 15' away from the manifold location
The gentleman that helped with the layout and design unfortunately passed away last weekend, I have a pile of parts and a system left to finish.
I have no issue doing the work to complete the install, just want to make sure its right.
Here's what I have.
2 gal expansion tank
(2) 1" mixing valves 70-180*
(1) single zone switching relay
(1) 3 zone switching relay
(2) 007 w/ifc taco pump w/hardware
(1) 007 standard taco pump w/hardware
(1) hydro smart 120 boiler
(2) thermostats
(1) purge T
(1) air valve
(various ball valves for install)
(40ft) 1" copper with various fittings
(2) additional 2 loop manifolds and 600' of 1/2 pex for future install under first floor tiled areas.
I'm sure I have to pick up more items, I just need to make sure the pumps are correct.
What he had described to me was identical to the hydro smart integration panel (that's what he used as a reference for me) main panel with one pump by the boiler and the other two pumps by the manifolds.
Like this.

Comments