Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

LAARS Endurance 175

Options
My boiler is short cycling and Kettling. The heat is fine but the hot water only lasts about 1 minute and then goes cold. The temp reads 162 and shoots up to 213 and back again in minutes.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    It sounds like a lack of flow to the DHW heat exchanger. Every system is set up differently. Do you have any pictures?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Sounds like your internal pump has gone bad. It's a very easy fix. Just open the door on the unit take a pic of the round black or blue grundfos pump and send the pic to your heating guy. He will bring one with him and test the one you have to make sure it's bad. Typically that is what will cause your problem, but I have been wrong before.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • Allyson
    Allyson Member Posts: 2
    Options
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 833
    Options
    I just dealt with a Laars EB110 Endurance boiler. 12 yrs old. Propane fueled. Early "condensing" type. Terrible machine. I did internet research. Attempted to contact tech support. Terrible results. Seems the boiler is Russian made. Opened it up looked inside the wiring was like spaghetti inside the cabinet. Overheated and crispy in many different places. Too many connections were dubious. Replaced an expensive flow switch for DHW heat exchanger. No luck. Supply houses all offer no help. Will be replacing the boiler in a week or so.
  • Snowrider
    Snowrider Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Made in Russia? No.
  • psb75
    Options
    Russia. Korea? You tell me.
    I just ordered a flowswitch from Parts4heating.com HERE is information from their website:

Teledyne Laars Endurance Parts
    At Parts4Heating.com we sell a variety of Teledyne Laars Endurance boiler parts for both old and new style EDP and EBP boilers. Our inventory of Endurance parts range from gas valves to blower assemblies and everything in between. If you have any questions about our inventory of Endurance replacement parts, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-536-1582 and speak to one of our Endurance parts experts today!
    EDP (Old Style, Blue) EBP (Old Style, Blue) EBP (Russia)

The Laars Endurance EDP Heater is a blue and beige heater that was manufactured prior to January 2005.

The Laars Endurance EBP heater was manufactured prior to January of 2005 and was replaced by an identical more efficient model.

EDP (New Style, Gray) EBP (New Style, Gray) EBP (Korea)

This appliance is a low pressure, direct vent, cold start hot water boiler that provides heat for hydronic space heating. This particular model has been in production since January of 2005.

This appliance is a low pressure, direct vent, hot water boiler that provides priority domestic hot water on demand as well as hydronic space heating system. This unit began production in January of 2005.

• Snowrider
    Snowrider Member Posts: 3
    Options
    They sell models TO Russia and Korea. It's made in the U.S.A. I've been to their plant in NH.
  • psb75
    Options
    That's distressing to learn. I live in VT and could get no help from tech support. Installing another boiler w/ good support.
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Where in Vt? I have had to call tech support in NH and they have been good to deal with. Even though I would never install one of these boilers, they typically are good for 15-20 years after that you are on borrowed time.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    kcopp