Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PRV placement on closed heat exchanger circuit?

marcomjl
marcomjl Member Posts: 8
edited December 2016 in Plumbing
For my new heating system I have my heating zones on a closed circuit drawing heat from coil heat exchangers in my buffer tank. Been trying to determine the best location for the PRV. I was thinking right at the begining of the supply from the HXs? or tee'd off from the expansion tank line between the Air separator and expansion tank? Also between those two will be my make up water with feed valve.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    PRV can mean one of two items. One is pressure reducing valve. If its that, then it needs to be connected to the expansion tank connection serving the system. If its pressure relief valve, then it should be connected to the outlet side of the load side of the HXer serving the system.

Which PRV are you referring to?

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • marcomjl
    marcomjl Member Posts: 8
    Pressure relief valve. I got it mixed up with the pressure reducing valve which is my feed valve. Will place the pressure relief valve after the HXer
    Mark Eatherton