Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

GAS HEATER IN ATTIC won't come on

monicahl
monicahl Member Posts: 2
Just realized today that the value was not on but turned the value up and knob to on.. No lil flames are showing and the heater instructions say don't light pilot automatic... I'm confused now as to why heater won't come on Do I need an igniter switch replaced.....onIMG_5407.JPG

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    What kind of heater is this....furnace.....wall furnace or fireplace?
  • monicahl
    monicahl Member Posts: 2
    Gas heater in the attic no fireplace came from consolidated industries a honeywell
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Could be the ignitor. Need more info. What model gas valve? Hear any sparking? See any glowing? If you aren't mechanically inclined, I'd suggest calling a professional.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    It looks like you have an Intermittent Ignition type system. When a call for heat is started it should spark at the pilot and the pilot should light. Look for a small blue flame. Then the gas valve should click and the burners should light.

Make sure the gas is on, make sure the switch is on , check circuit breaker to make sure it is not tripped. We just had a holiday so also check your possible stairway switch. Visitors sometime mistake it for the light switch and shut it off.