Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help!! Miller mobile oil furnace

Dave19
Dave19 Member Posts: 28
Customer has had no issues with this unit until about a month ago. Since then it has a new Genisys control, cad cell, electrodes, igniter, and nozzle. Pump psi is good, ohms are normal on eye. All combustion readings are normal. It has a tiger loop so air is not an issue. It will not stay running. Go there everytime and hit the reset and it lights right up perfect, no smoke, no delay, nothing...turn it on and off several times with no problem. Leave the house and a day or two later it's out. What is going on here? Anybody had an issue like this before?

Comments

• Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    edited November 2016
    We are going to need more info .... combustion test readings...draft over fire and at breech....pump pressure....vacuum...etc etc....somethings going on there...
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    have you ohmed out the motor for a dead spot? or maybe the start winding's not functioning? Does it have an oil delay valve and if so is it an older pump/delay combo? Constant ignition?
    what is the genisys telling you?
    rick in AlaskaAlan R. Mercurio_3
  • Dave19
    Does have a delay valve, have not looked for dead spot on motor. Thank you for that, I will be trying that next. Genisys history just says "did not light" run times are consistent with pre purge plus lockout everytime ...not very helpful when it won't reproduce the issue while I'm in front of it. Might be dead spot....Customer said cable company was there a month ago "messing with wiring in house"
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Is there a combustion air issue?
    steve
  • Dave19
    I don't think it has a combustion air issue, it's in a hallway and has never had an issue in years until now. Nothing obstructing it

Combustion readings were 11 co2 -.05 breech -.01 over fire.....the burner is set to spec, 60 80 a at 145.....it's not in tuning because I checked and rechecked the basics myself
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Also, check the pump coupler.
    Rick
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Echo the motor possible, and add delayed oil valve and bad pump possibly into the mix
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    Had this happen twice . Did all that you said, changed parts I'd go hit reset run then off on safety I read history on Genysis Recycle was on contractor tool. Called Beckett seems Miller Puts a pad on Motor covers air inlet motor over heats goes off you go hit reset it will run a day or two