Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler shutting on and off when thermostat goes on

tariq1
tariq1 Member Posts: 5
Hey guys, every time my thermostat turns on my boiler and pilot turn on and off. I have a Weil McLain gas water boiler. I replaced the relay switch and the problem still occurred. I have 4 zones and one boiler in my house. The house heats up but it just goes on and off many times as the heat is on. Also the green power light and the red light are on at the same time at times.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Does this have a United Technology Integrated Boiler Control 1013-200 or is it a Honeywell S9300 Board? If the 1013-200 you have a green power light and then a series of Red lights TSTAT CIRC, LIMIT, PRESS SWITCH AND FLAME. Which lights are flashing when you are having this problem?
  • tariq1
    Hi it's the united technology boiler control 1013-200 switchboard. D
  • warno
    warno Member Posts: 229
    I don't know much about in home boilers but could it be something as simple as a dirty thermocouple? I know my forced air furnace will do that if the thermocouple is dirty. If gas fired boilers don't have this then disregard. Like I said I don't know much.
  • tariq1
    I don't think I have a switchboard
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    edited November 2016
    What lights are flashing on that 1013-200 board? Give me that and we can walk you through some diagnostics. Do you have a multi-meter? What is the Model number of the boiler? This boiler does not have a thermocouple it has a hot surface igniter.
  • tariq1
    No lights are flashing on the board. The lights that are on are green and red. The green is power and the red light that is on means low water on the transformer I believe. Not sure if I have a multimeter. It's a Weil McLain gas -fired water boiler gold cga.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    It sounds as if you need a pro to check things out.
    The simplest thing would be that your hot surface igniter (glow plug) will light but than not sense the fire and shut down the gas valve.
    That would be a first guess.

There is a "Find a contractor" tag above on the Main Site.
  • tariq1
    Ok thanks for the great information.