Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell RedLink thermostats have different Deadbands. Why?

Options
Why do the two Honeywell RedLink thermostats have different Auto Changeover Deadband factory settings? The THX9421R5021WW comes preset to 5°F and the TH821R1001 comes preset to 9°F. I am installing both on two air-to air heat pumps in south Florida. Heat pumps are Trane single stage heat with electric backup and single stage cool. Should I leave the Auto Changeover Deadbands at factory settings or make both the same?

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,627
    Options
    Are you talking about the enforced deadband between the cooling setpoint & heating setpoint. That is 3* in the 8000 series as shipped from the factory, I'm not sure about the 9000 series, but I'd guess 2 or 3*.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,706
    Options
    I'd make them both the same.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Assuming those figures really are correct, I'd suspect this could well be due to fubmlefingering somewhere by the manufacturer. 5°C = 9°F.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,627
    Options
    FWIW, I just found out that if an 8321U is programmed for dehumidification by cooling droop, the deadband range changes from 3-9 to 5-9 *F.