Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Simple question for Buderus GB142

renderman
renderman Member Posts: 2
I have recently taken ownership of a house with twin Buderus GB142 systems. Now that weather has turned cold I need to start the system up. Both boilers show no faults and '171' and '169' on their consoles, but I am getting no heat. I'm guessing they are in some standby mode or water flow to them is shut off for the summer. Any suggestions on how best to proceed?

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    They are probably in Warm Weather Shut Down. The AM10 reset control (an accessory) comes factory programmed to turn off space heating when the outdoor temp reaches 68*.

This will not have any effect on domestic water heating if you have an indirect tank. The "169" and "171" that you're seeing is probably supply water temp and would indicate that the boilers just completed a domestic call.

Those boilers DO require annual maintenance and cleaning by a COMPETENT tech that is FACTORY trained. Ask whomever you call SPECIFICALLY if they are factory trained on that boiler. Don't call just any plumbing or heating contractor: they won't know what they're doing.

Try the contractor locator on this site or use Bosch's contractor locator.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • renderman
    renderman Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for this timely reply. I will locate a service person from this site, but is there a simple way to take the system out of warm weather shutdown? Do I just use the ''reset' button?
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    No, it would require re-programming of the AM10 control. The control is simple for those familiar with it.

If the boilers are linked together, then you also have an additional staging control, probably an MCM10.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.