Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Can two thermostats control one taco zone valve ??

Options
fatekb
fatekb Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Thermostats and Controls
Hello , sorry if this subject was discussed previously . I have 2 heating zone and 3 thermostats , two of the thermostats are connected to each the taco zone valves which one to control downstairs and one to control upstairs ... My delema that upstairs both bedroom have the 3rd disconnected thermostat and always cold because the thermostat is located close to the kitchen upstairs .
Can i connect the third thetmostat in paralelle to the upstairs valve ? Would that cause any heating conflict ? One thermostat is honeywell and the other is purepro
Thank you

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,286
    Options
    Won't cause a problem, assuming that they are both electronic. They must be connected in parallel. If either one is calling the zone valve will open.

The only time things can get a little strange is if they are both the type with thermal aniticipators (e.g. the old Honeywell T87 round ones). They will still work, but the anticipation may not, or may require some fiddling.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Solid_Fuel_ManAluvaboy
  • fatekb
    fatekb Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you Jamie ,, i will keep you posted with the outcome