Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostat color

That's what I like about our trade............always something new. The latest is that one of my customers doesn't like the color of the white Honeywell and White-Rogers thermostats that I normally use. I haven't started looking yet (usually start here), but is anyone familiar with a beige or off-white thermostat that I could offer?

Thanks!
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    The new Lennox touchscreen is available in silver. Judging by their last touchscreen stat, it might be a close cousin to the Honeywell 9000. ISTR that is also available in silver, & maybe black too. Maybe one of those would be more acceptable than white?

NB: The Lennox stat requires a common--no battery holder!

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    Just a basic heat only stat? Retro look :)
    Beige was a popular color back years ago. Sometimes you can find odd stuff like that on e-bay. Often brand new, old inventory.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Honeywell Prestige has a number of color options. From time to time I get that complaint too.
    ChrisJ
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    I think Honeywell's 9000 series also has changeable faceplates and colors.

Unless that's the Prestige series? I assume they're different.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    Installed my first 9000 today. It's not the same as the Lennox 5500/7500 line. Fired four stages of cooling in a 70 ton Aaon via an EIM just fine, staged up about five minutes apart. They seem like a quality part--there was an advanced option to adjust PID values!